Mint & chocolate are the perfect combination for a treat! As a fan of chia seeds, I've been trying different sorts of flavours and this time I'd like to share a mint & chocolate chip version of chia pudding. I made it with fresh mint but you can use natural mint extract instead. It's not too sweet so you won't feel guilty if you have it for breakfast :-) Also try:
Nutritional values (per serving):
|of which Saturated||15.7||grams|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (8.4%), protein (11.4%), fat (80.2%)
Ingredients (makes 1 serving):
The main reason I use two sweeteners in most of my recipes is that a combination of more sweeteners mask the aftertaste / bitterness of some of them.
- Place the mint leaves, coconut milk (or cream) and water into a blender and pulse until smooth. If using mint extract, you can skip this step.
- Mix the chia seeds with the coconut milk mixture and add Erythritol.
- Add a few drops of stevia and mix well. If you prefer a smoother texture, place into a blender and pulse until smooth. Let it sit for at least 10-15 minutes, ideally overnight in the fridge.
- Roughly chop the dark chocolate and mix it in the chia pudding.
- Optionally, top with a dollop of whipped cream or coconut milk and Enjoy!