This keto porridge will warm your winter mornings and brighten up your days. It's filling, delicious and so good for you. Here are some of the benefits:
- Turmeric is an often underestimated spice that is a powerful adaptogen. This means that it gives our body the ability to adapt to environmental factors such as stress and toxins and protect against them.
- Bee pollen has anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting properties with several therapeutic applications.
- A great source of electrolytes. Just one serving of this keto porridge will provide almost 50% RDA of magnesium and 25% EMR of potassium. There is no tastier way of beating keto-flu!
If you miss your breakfast cereal, you may also like my Quick Keto Oatmeal and Allergy-Free Healthy Keto Cereal!
Nutritional values (per serving):
|of which Saturated||18.1||grams|
|Magnesium||189||mg (48% RDA)|
|Potassium||508||mg (25% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (5%), protein (11%), fat (84%)
Ingredients (makes 2 servings):
- Roughly chop the walnuts. Place the hemp seeds, chopped walnuts and flaked coconut into a hot pan and roast for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Toss a few times to prevent burning. When done, transfer the roasted mix into a bowl and set aside. In a small saucepan, mix the coconut milk and almond milk and heat over a medium heat. Once hot (not boiling), take off the heat. Add the almond butter, coconut oil, ...
- ... chia seeds, turmeric powder, black pepper and Erythritol (optional). Mix until well combined and set aside for 5-10 minutes. Add half of the roasted mix from the bowl.
If using cinnamon or vanilla instead of bee pollen, mix it in with the turmeric powder.
- Spoon the porridge into serving bowls and top with the remaining roasted mix. Finally, sprinkle with bee pollen.
Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 3 days. To keep the porridge crunchy, keep the roasted mix and bee pollen in a separate container at room temperature and add to the porridge just before serving.