Everyone should know how to make the perfect Guacamole! It's an easy keto-friendly salad that goes great as a side with barbecue meat. Avocados are high in heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids and potassium which is an essential electrolyte that will help you beat keto-flu. This recipe is one of the 240 amazing low-carb recipes in my App and it will be one of the main ingredients in my next recipe :-)
Nutritional values (per serving):
|of which Saturated||2.1||grams|
|Magnesium||34||mg (9% RDA)|
|Potassium||690||mg (35% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (13.1%), protein (6.6%), fat (80.3%)
Ingredients (makes 4 servings):
- 2 large ripe avocados (400 g/ 14.1 oz)
- 1 ⅓ cup cherry tomatoes or regular tomatoes (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- 1 small white onion (60 g/ 2.1 oz)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2-4 tablespoons fresh lime juice (~ 1 lime)
- 1 small red chili pepper
- 2-4 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste (I like pink Himalayan salt)
- freshly ground black pepper
Notes: When looking for ingredients, try to get them in their most natural form (organic, without unnecessary additives).
- Peel and finely chop the onion. Halve, deseed and finely chop the chili pepper and dice the tomatoes.
- Halve and peel the avocados. Remove the seed and place the flesh from one avocado into a bowl. Mash it well using a fork. Dice the other avocado into ½-inch pieces and keep aside.
- Squeeze in the lime juice, add finely chopped onion and crushed garlic, diced tomatoes and finely chopped chili pepper. Mix well using a fork.
- Add the remaining diced avocado, fresh cilantro, salt and pepper and mix well (do not mash).
Enjoy on top of crispy bacon slices or with Grain-free Tortilla Chips!