With the holiday season just around the corner (sorry!) these nuts are perfect little gifts to make. Pop them into a lovely jar with a pretty ribbon and it’s such a thoughtful homemade gift.
They’re also perfect for sitting out in bowls around the house during the holiday season… or any time of the year, really.
The rosemary and lemon zest gives them an added dimension of flavour over your usual spiced nuts tastes, and the buttery sweetness of the pecans crates a moreish snack.
I used olive oil, but you could use ghee or butter, if you prefer. If you use butter, make sure to keep a close eye on them in the oven because butter will burn easily.
Nutritional values (per serving, ½ cup/ 2 oz/ 57 g)
|of which Saturated||3.1||grams|
|Magnesium||63||mg (16% RDA)|
|Potassium||265||mg (13% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (3%), protein (5%), fat (92%)
Ingredients (makes 8 servings)
- Preheat oven to 180 C/ 355 F. Place nuts in a large bowl.
- Add all the spices, except for the lemon zest. Pour in the olive oil and stir all ingredients thoroughly, until nuts are evenly and well coated.
- Pour out onto lined oven tray and spread into an even layer. Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden and toasty.
Stir the nuts every five minutes to ensure even browning.
Keep an eye on the for the last half of the cooking time to prevent any burning.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Sprinkle lemon zest over the top and stir through well.
- Leave nuts to cool completely.
- Store in airtight jars. Don’t eat them all in one sitting. Telling you from a friend… truly. Enjoy!
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!