I'm a big fan of avocados and eat them almost every day. Avocados are superfoods and great for a low-carb diet. One average avocado gives you 50% of your daily potassium, contains heart-healthy monounsaturated fats and is high in fibre.
They work great in both savoury and sweet meals because of their neutral taste. I already used avocados to make this dairy-free Mint Chocolate Chip Ice-Cream and it was a big success in my house! They add creamy texture and beautiful green colour without affecting the taste.
|Overall||3-4 hours |
Nutritional values (per serving):
|of which Saturated||15.7||grams|
|Magnesium||55.4||mg (14% RDA)|
|Potassium||509||mg (26% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (7.9%), protein (4.4%), fat (87.7%)
Ingredients (makes 6 servings):
Note: You can use almond milk instead of coconut milk but the result won't be as creamy and will contain less fat. Most coconut milk cans contain toxic BPAs - avoid them if you can. Keep in mind that a product has to be labeled "BPA-free", as manufacturers are not required to display if otherwise. I really like Aroy-D coconut milk - in my opinion, it is the best tasting and also BPA-free.
- Halve the avocados and remove the seeds. Scoop the soft pulp into a bowl.
- Add the coconut milk, fresh lime peel and juice, powdered Erythritol and stevia.
- Using a hand blender, pulse until smooth.
- Using a spoon, fill in the popsicle molds.
- Insert a wooden stick into each of them and place in the freezer for at least 3-4 hours or until frozen. Enjoy!