Nut & seed butter is perfect for making fat bombs and keto treats. I used Coconut & Pecan Butter to make these maple & pecan protein bars. They are filling and nutritious enough to be used as a meal replacement. Keep them in the fridge (or freezer) and use as a quick source of energy when you have no time to cook or need a quick post-workout ketogenic meal. To see how easy it is to make healthy low-carb bars, check out my video recipe!
Nutritional values (per bar):
|of which Saturated||14.7||grams|
|Magnesium||44||mg (11% RDA)|
|Potassium||289||mg (15% EMR)|
Nutrition facts are per one large bar. Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (5%), protein (19%), fat (76%)
Ingredients (makes 8 large or 12 small bars):
I used dark chocolate because it's low in sugar. If you prefer to use unsweetened chocolate, remember to add extra sweetener. Chocolate coating was used for 8 large bars - you may need to use more if making 12 small bars.
- Prepare the Coconut & Pecan Butter. Mix the prepared coconut & pecan butter with powdered Erythritol, protein powder, ...
- ... extra virgin coconut oil, ...
- ... and maple extract. Add stevia and cinnamon (if used). Mix until well combined and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate and cacao butter in a double boiler or a glass bowl on top of a small saucepan filled with a cup of water over a medium heat. Once completely melted, mix well and turn off the heat. Set aside to cool down before using it for coating.
- Using your hands, create 8 bars and place on a tray lined with baking mat or parchment paper. Place in the fridge for 30-60 minutes or in the freezer for 15-20 minutes. Use your hands ...
- ... or kitchen tongs to hold the bars so you can coat them in the cooled dark chocolate mixture from all sides.
- Place back on the tray. Drizzle any remaining chocolate on top. Place in the fridge for 30-60 minutes before serving. Keep refrigerated, especially if you use coconut oil instead of cocoa butter (coconut oil melts at room temperature).