I decided to give you all a quick peak into the upcoming update of KetoDiet and KetoDiet Basic! This recipe is one of many more you will see.
It's is inspired by the famous Bulletproof coffee and Egg coffee. I'm going to show you how you can easily add healthy fats in your diet, boost ketone bodies and lose more body fat!
Blending coconut oil or butter with coffee may sound odd to many of you. In fact, you will be surprised how creamy and delicious it is! If you blend it well, there will be no oil floating on top. Once you try it, you will never go back to your regular coffee! :-)
Nutritional values per serving:
|of which Saturated||29.7||grams|
|Magnesium||211||mg (53% RDA)|
|Potassium||407||mg (20% EMR)|
Net carbs of ingredients: coffee (0 g), egg yolks (1.8 g), cream or coconut milk (0.8 g), coconut oil (0 g), butter or ghee (0 g), gelatin (0 g), cinnamon (0.4 g), stevia (0 g) // Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (2.5%), protein (12.6%), fat (84.9%)
Ingredients (makes 1 serving):
If you want to try this recipe for intermittent fasting / fat fasting, you may want to avoid some of the ingredients fo fit your needs.
Due to the slight risk of Salmonella or other food-borne illness, you should use only fresh, properly-refrigerated, clean, grade A or AA eggs with intact shells, and avoid contact between the yolks or whites and the shell.
Place everything into a blender and pulse until smooth. That's it - done!
Make sure you use hydrolysed gelatin (I like Great Lakes Gelatin), as regular gelatin will clump like glue.
What makes my coffee blend healthy:
- Organic coconut oil / MCT oil will help you increase your fat intake and sate your appetite. MCTs in coconut oil boost ketone bodies and will help you burn fat.
- Adding healthy fats like butter / ghee is another great way to up fat intake on a ketogenic diet.
- Organic pastured egg yolks are a great source of fat-soluble vitamins and essential fatty acids. Although there are additional health benefits of eating raw egg yolks, you should generally be picky when eating raw eggs. You can find out more at MarksDailyApple.com.
- Gelatin is known to have many health benefits such as improving immunity and hormone balance, healing leaky gut and maintaining healthy skin, hair and joints.
- Cinnamon is great for blood sugar control and may help people with diabetes.
- The macronutrient ratio of this recipe is 2:11:87 (calories from carbs:protein:fat) which makes it perfect for the ketogenic diet.
- It's very sating and great for breakfast!