Leprechaun Protein Smoothie
Although I'm not a big fan of "green smoothies", this one is delicious and definitely one of my breakfast favourites. And it's great for Easter and St Patrick's Day!
Most smoothies are packed with sugar, unnecessary colorings or additives. This smoothie is not only low-carb but it's also made just from natural ingredients. It's VERY high in fiber, heart-healthy monounsaturated fat and potassium!
Nutritional values (per serving):
|of which Saturated||14.3||grams|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (7.8%), protein (22.6%), fat (69.6%)
Ingredients (per serving):
- ½ average avocado (100g / 3.5 oz)
- ¼ cup coconut milk, organic (or full-fat cream)
- ¼ cup fresh baby spinach
- ¼ cup fresh mint
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder (vanilla or plain) or egg white powder or hydrolysed powdered gelatin (25g / 0.9 oz)
- 2 tbsp pistachio nuts (unsalted) (20g / 0.7 oz)
- 1 vanilla bean (or ½ - 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-6 drops liquid Stevia extract (I recommend SweetLeaf or NuNaturals) or other healthy low-carb sweetener from this list
- ½ water
- ice cubes (if needed)
Note: When looking for ingredients, try to get them in their most natural form (organic, without unnecessary additives).
Wash the mint and spinach, halve and peel the avocado and blend until smooth with the rest of the ingredients.