This egg drop soup is perfect for chilly autumn days. It cannot be any easier and takes less than 20 minutes to prepare. Just like my Keto Golden Milk, this recipe uses turmeric and ginger. Turmeric is a powerful adaptogen providing a myriad of health benefits: it's immune-boosting, and has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects.
Nutritional values (per serving):
|of which Saturated||5.9||grams|
|Magnesium||40||mg (10% RDA)|
|Potassium||608||mg (30% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (5%), protein (17%), fat (79%).
Ingredients (makes 6 servings):
- 2 quarts (2 l) chicken stock or vegetable stock or bone broth - you can make your own
- 1 tbsp freshly grated turmeric or 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger or 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small chile pepper, sliced (14 g/ 0.5 oz)
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 cups sliced brown mushrooms (144 g/ 5.1 oz)
- 4 cups chopped Swiss chard or spinach (144 g/ 5.1 oz)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 medium spring onions, sliced (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp salt or to taste (I like pink Himalayan)
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (90 ml/ 3 fl oz)
- Grate the turmeric and ginger root, slice the chile pepper and mince the garlic cloves.
- Pour the chicken stock (or vegetable stock) in a large pot and heat over a medium heat, until it starts to simmer. Slice the mushrooms, ...
- ... chard stalks and chard leaves. Place the turmeric, ginger, garlic, chile pepper, mushrooms, chard stalks and coconut aminos into the pot and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Then add the sliced chard leaves and cook for another minute. In a bowl, whisk the eggs and slowly pour them into the simmering soup.
- Keep stirring until the egg is cooked and take off the heat. Chop the cilantro and slice the spring onions. Add them to the pot.
- Pour into a serving bowl and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil (a tablespoon per serving). Eat immediately or let it cool down and store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.