Everybody including me loves burgers. Making this popular comfort food suitable for a low-carb diet starts with the buns. It took me several attempts to finally make a bun that is fluffy and tastes just like bread. My keto buns are one of the most popular recipes in the KetoDiet app and I recently shared it on my blog. This recipe shows how you can make a delicious keto-friendly burger!
Here are some of my favourite burger fillings:
- ham & cheese
- crunchy BLT
- tuna with mayo and onion
- slow-cooked meat with mayo / soured cream dressing
- crispy bacon & avocado
What's your favourite burger filling? :-)
Nutritional values (per serving):
|of which Saturated||13.5||grams|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (5%), protein (19%), fat (76%). Are you counting total carbs? This post explains whether you should be counting total or net carbs.
Ingredients (makes 4 servings):
Instead of mayonnaise and Sriracha sauce, you can use more Russian dressing (recipe in Easy Russian Slaw). Due to the psyllium (high fibre content), make sure you drink plenty of water with my keto buns! When looking for ingredients, try to get them in their most natural form (organic, without unnecessary additives).
- Make the Ultimate Keto Buns and Easy Russian Slaw. Mix the ground beef with the mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Create small, palm-size burgers.
- Preheat a large pan greased with ghee and add the burgers once hot. Turn the heat down to medium and cook on each side for 3-4 minutes. Do not turn the meat too soon or it will stick to the pan. Use a spatula to lightly press the burgers down while cooking.
- When done, set aside. Mix the mayonnaise with the Sriracha sauce.
- Cut the keto buns in half.
- Place each half, cut side down on a hot griddle pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until crispy.
- Start assembling the burgers by adding a tablespoon to the mayo mixture on each of the keto bun halves. Top with meat and slaw. Serve the remaining slaw aside.