This recipe is inspired by the traditional Coleslaw but I have changed it to fit a healthy low-carb diet. There is no added sugar and I added a small twist by using Russian dressing instead of the regular mustard-based dressing. All this, especially the sriracha, horseradish and pickled cucumber give it a wonderful flavour boost! You can serve it as a side to meat dishes or wait for my next recipe post ;-)
Note for KetoDiet iPad users: You'll be able to add this recipe to your Custom meals in the upcoming update of KetoDiet. Reason: This recipe contains a new ingredient not found in the KetoDiet database.
Nutritional values (per serving):
|of which Saturated||1.9||grams|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (17.4%), protein (5.2%), fat (77.4%)
Ingredients (makes 6 servings):
- ¼ medium head green or white cabbage (250 g / 8.8 oz)
- ¼ small head red cabbage (150 g / 5.3 oz)
- ½ celeriac (80 g / 2.8 oz)
- ½ fennel bulb (120 g / 4.1 oz)
When looking for ingredients, try to get them in their most natural form (organic, without unnecessary additives).
- Wash, halve and thinly slice the cabbage and fennel or use a food processor with a grating blade. I recently bought this food processor from Kenwood and love it!
- Peel and grate the celeriac and place in a mixing bowl together with the shredded cabbage and fennel.
- Make the Russian dressing. Finely grate the pickled cucumber and horseradish. Place the mayo, soured cream (or coconut milk), Sriracha sauce, lemon juice, finely chopped chives and parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add to the bowl with the shredded cabbage and combine well.