Quick Beef Ragù with "Zoodles"
Since many of you are looking for recipes suitable for my 30-Day Clean Eating Challenge, I thought I should share a recipe I've had several times over the last few weeks.
I know it could be quite tricky eating food low in carbs without spending hours cooking. This recipe only requires a few common ingredients and is full of nutrients, especially magnesium and potassium, both of which are essential for our health.
For more quick and healthy ideas for my Clean Eating Challenge, don't forget to check out my 7-Day Grab & Go Keto/Paleo Diet Plan which includes a detailed 7-day meal plan, healthy tips for snacks and a print-friendly shopping list!
Hands-on: 15 minutes
Overall: 20 minutes
Nutritional values (per serving):
|of which Saturated||18.9||grams|
|Magnesium||83||mg (20% RDA)|
|Potassium||1191||mg (60% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (3.6%), protein (23.9%), fat (72.5%) // Net carbs without "zoodles": 1.5 g per serving
Ingredients (makes 4 servings):
- beef, minced, grass-fed (800g / 1.8 lb / 28.2 oz)
- ¼ cup red pesto, avoid cheese if you follow my 30-Day Clean Eating Challenge (65g / 2.2 oz)
- 1 tbsp ghee or butter, garlic or herb infused for extra flavour
- small bunch fresh parsley
- ½ tsp pink Himalayan salt or to taste
Serve with "zoodles":
- 4 medium zucchini (one per serving), sliced using a julienne peeler or vegetable spiralizer (800g / 1.8 lb / 28.2 oz)
Note: When looking for ingredients, try to get them in their most natural form (organic, without unnecessary additives).
- If you're using frozen meat, keep it outside the fridge to slowly defrost.
- Place the meat in a sauce pan greased with ghee and cook until browned from all sides while stirring frequently. This may take 5-8 minutes.
- Add red pesto and freshly chopped parsley and keep on low heat.
- Meanwhile, using a spiralizer, create zucchini "noodles". Chop the soft core of the zucchini and add it to the zoodles.
Note: If you don't have a spiralizer, you can use a julienne peeler and peel the zucchini all around until you get to the soft centre.
- Transfer the zoodles into the sauce pan with the meat and mix in well. Cook briefly for 3-5 minutes. The exact time depends on how tender you prefer the zoodles to be.
- That's it - done! :-)