There are days I have no time to cook and appreciate something quick to have on hand for a snack. This recipe takes no more than 20 minutes and it's rich in potassium (25% RDA) which is essential for any low-carb diet.
|Overall||20 minutes |
Nutritional values (per serving, 7 rolls):
|of which Saturated||9.8||grams|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (7.8%), protein (24.6%), fat (67.7%)
Ingredients (makes 4 servings, 24-28 wraps):
- 3 small or baby zucchini, organic (210g / 7.4 oz)
- 14 thin slices streaky bacon (175g / 6.2 oz)
- 1 cup goat cheese, soft (200g / 7.1 oz)
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained (55g / 1.9 oz)
- 4 tbsp raspberry vinegar or any other fruit vinegar, see recipe for my Home-made Fruit Vinegar. You can also use any sugar-free fruit vinegar like Star's Red Raspberry Vinegar or balsamic vinegar.
- ½ cup fresh basil
Notes: According to EWG's report, zucchini is on the list of 12 most contaminated with pesticides of fruits and vegetables. My advise: get them organic!
When looking for ingredients, try to get them in their most natural form (organic, without unnecessary additives).
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / 400 F. Using a peeler, slice the zucchini into thin stripes.
- Place in a bowl and add the vinegar. Make sure you cover the zucchini from all sides. Leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut the bacon lengthwise and place on a rack or a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake until slightly crispy (but still soft) for about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and place a bacon stripe onto each zucchini slice. Top with soft goat cheese, a small piece of sun-dried tomato and freshly chopped basil.
Note: Use drained, chopped sun-dried tomatoes marinated in oil. In most cases, the oil used is a mixture of sunflower and olive oil. I wouldn't recommend using it, as sunflower oil used in such product is almost certainly processed.
- Wrap the zucchini rolls and pierce each one of them with a toothpick. Enjoy! :-)
I hope you enjoyed reading my post. To find out more about the ketogenic diet and keto-friendly recipes, check out my apps KetoDiet, KetoDiet Basic and my Kindle book!