This delicious and easy-to-follow hand roll recipe is great for those with busy lifestyles. You can make the omelettes in advance and have everything ready to assemble in just a couple of minutes. I used nori seaweed sheets that are perfect for making wraps and hand rolls. They are low in carbs and high in micronutrients which makes them perfect for the ketogenic diet. One hand roll is great as a snack or light lunch, and two rolls are enough for your healthy keto dinner.
Nutritional values (per hand roll):
|of which Saturated||8.7||grams|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (3%), protein (35%), fat (62%)
Ingredients (makes 4 hand rolls):
- 1 ½ cups cooked chicken, shredded (210 g/ 7.4 oz)
- ¼ cup freshly chopped chives or spring onion
- 4 nori seaweed sheets
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp ghee or coconut oil (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- Prepare the dressing by mixing all the ingredients: sour cream (or mayo for dairy-free), minced garlic, grated fresh ginger, chili powder, curry powder, turmeric, salt and pepper.
- Place the cooked chicken in a bowl and add the dressing and freshly chopped chives or spring onion. Combine well using a fork and set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare the omelettes. Crack one egg at a time into a bowl and season with salt. Whisk briefly and pour in a hot pan greased with some ghee. Cook until the top is firm and opaque and then transfer into a plate. Repeat for the remaining three eggs and grease the pan slightly between each omelette. The shape doesn't have to be perfectly round.
- Assemble the rolls. Place one omelet on top of each nori sheet and top with a quarter of the curried chicken.
- Using your hands, starting from the bottom left corner, tightly roll into a cone shape. Wet the edges of the seaweed to seal. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Eat immediately or store in the fridge for up to 3 days. The nori sheets get soft so if you prefer the wraps crispy, assemble the rolls just before serving.