Ranch dressing is extremely easy to make and so much better than the store-bought version. It tastes better and doesn't have any unhealthy additives and preservatives. It's ready in just a few minutes and you can keep it in the fridge for up to a week. I didn't use any buttermilk to make this dressing even more keto-friendly. I like using it in salads or as a dip for vegetables and crispy chicken drumsticks. You will never need to buy the bottled version again!
Nutritional values (per serving, ¼ cup):
|of which Saturated||6.8||grams|
|Magnesium and potassium||trace|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (2.3%), protein (1.6%), fat (96.1%)
Ingredients (makes ~ 1 ¼ cup, 4-6 servings):
- ¼ cup sour cream (58 g/ 2 oz)
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream (60 ml)
- ½ cup mayonnaise (you can make your own) (110 g/ 3.9 oz)
- 2 medium spring onions (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley or 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped dill or 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar or fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste (I like pink Himalayan salt)
- Optional: 1-2 tablespoons of water if too thick
When looking for ingredients, try to get them in their most natural form (organic, without unnecessary additives).
- Finely chop the herbs and spring onion. Peel and mince the garlic. Place the sour cream, heavy whipping cream and mayonnaise in a bowl.
- Add the chopped herbs, garlic, spring onion, vinegar, paprika, salt and pepper to the bowl. Mix until well combined.
Serve immediately or store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week.