It's a common misconception that keto is just about bacon, eggs and cheese. In reality, there is a variety of foods you should eat to get all the nutrients you need. For this salad I used a few simple ingredients. The dressing is full of smokey flavour - not too spicy and with a nice hint of lime.
Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||5.3||grams|
|Magnesium||84||mg (21% RDA)|
|Potassium||786||mg (39% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (7%), protein (24%), fat (69%)
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- 250 g cooked prawns or shrimp (8.8 oz)
- ½ medium broccoli, cut in florets (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- ½ medium red bell pepper, sliced (60 g/ 2.1 oz)
- ½ small red onion, sliced (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 4 cups mixed leafy greens of choice (120 g/ 4.2 oz)
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro or parsley
- Prepare the dressing by mixing the mayonnaise, olive oil, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the cooked prawns in a bowl, add half of the dressing and combine well. Keep the remaining dressing for later.
- Steam or boil the broccoli florets until crisp tender, for 5-7 minutes. Then, place the cooked broccoli in ice water to quickly cool down. Drain and set aside.
- Slice the red pepper and onion. Assemble the salad by dividing the ingredients between 2 bowls.
- Start with the greens, add the cooked broccoli florets (cut in smaller pieces if needed), sliced red pepper and sliced onion. Top with the dressed prawns and drizzle with the remaining dressing. Finish by adding chopped cilantro and cracked black pepper.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!