I love cauliflower. Any cauliflower. In fact, when I was young we lived quite a distance from the market and it was not unheard of for little ole me to snack away on my poor mother’s freshly purchased cauliflower head during the car ride home.
I still adore raw cauliflower, but this yummy “crumbed” cauliflower is a pretty close second. The coconut and turmeric pair so beautifully together and the crunchy coating will have you going back for more… and more.
The Smokey Tomato Dip is the perfect partner to my Coconut and Turmeric Crumbed Cauliflower. The addition of cumin, which is known to aide digestion and improve immunity, gives it a subtle middle eastern flavour.
Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||9||grams|
|Magnesium||95||mg (24% RDA)|
|Potassium||585||mg (29% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (10%), protein (17%), fat (73%)
Ingredients (makes 6 servings)
Smokey Tomato Dip:
- Preheat oven to 200 C/ 400 F. Mix almond flour, coconut flour and spices, except turmeric, in a large bowl.
- Beat eggs and turmeric powder in a separate bowl.
- Dip each cauliflower floret into the egg mixture and then coat thoroughly with the seasoned crumb.
- Place each crumbed floret onto a lined baking sheet. When all the cauliflower is crumbed, bake for about 20 minutes, or until browned.Turn the tray halfway through the cooking time.
- To make the dip, place all ingredients into a mixer bowl and mix well until light and creamy. Serve the crumbed cauliflower with the Smokey Tomato Dip as a snack or as a side dish with your main meal.
- You can store the crumbed cauliflower covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days (coating will get soggy though). The dip can be stored covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!