Today I'd like to share Andy's success story. Andy joined the 90-Day KetoDiet Challenge in summer aiming to lose body fat in a healthy and sustainable way. He succeeded and joined our next challenge to consolidate his weight loss and lose a few more pounds.
To take part in our Challenges, sign up and get notified as soon as the next challenge is announced. All KetoDiet Challenges are and will always be FREE and you won't need to buy any products to join.
3rd Place Winner Prizes
Andy won the 3rd prize in our 90-Day KetoDiet Challenge!
- LunchBots Stainless Steel Food Container, 5 Section, adults and kids lunch box
- Both of my books: The KetoDiet Cookbook + Fat Bombs Cookbook
- Taking Out The Carbage (AKA The Big Book of Bacon) by Dj Foodie (Hardcover)
- The Keto-Adapted eBook by Maria Emmerich
- Bulletproof pack: Ground Coffee, Brain Octane Oil, protein powder, mug and t-shirt
- 1 container Clean Lean Protein (flavour of choice) + 1 x Shaker by NuZest
- Dinner in Five eBook by Vicky and Rami of Tasteaholics
- Low-carb, So Simple eBook: Easy Everyday Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Less by Elviira Krebber
- Leaf & Love Sugar-Free Stevia Lemonade, 32-pack (lemon or pink)
- NuNaturals pack: Vanilla Alcohol-free NuStevia Liquid, Collagen (or Gelicious Unflavored Gelatin), New Cocoa Powder, 50-pack NuStevia No-Carbs Stevia Packets + free bonus item)
- Coffee Booster, small pack
Andy's Success Story
I am a 35-year-old educational professional. I spend many hours a day sitting down at my computer. I have tried losing weight by eating less and replacing certain meals by shakes or meal bars, but have not found this a durable way to lose weight, as the results never seem to match the effort. I hope to be able to change my life style and lose weight while being able to actually enjoy food and feel satisfied at the end of a meal.
Why Did You Join?
I want to lose weight (shed fat around the waist and belly) in a healthy and sustainable way. At the same time, I hope to do more physical activity to gain lean muscle mass.
What Helped You Stay on Track?
As someone with a definite sweet tooth, I was surprised at how relatively easy I found it to stay on track. Since the challenge started in summer, I had a lot of salads at the beginning, which gave me some time to try my hand at cooking more complex keto dishes as the challenge went on.
I also joined the Facebook group and want to commend the admin on the terrific work they did at answering questions and providing motivation! I also enjoyed sharing "non-scale victories" and meal ideas / recipes with others. KetoDiet Note: We have been working on our own support group/ forum that will be integrated in the challenges!
How Has KetoDiet Helped?
For me, this challenge was also an introduction to the ketogenic diet and lifestyle. The challenge (and provided tools) helped me understand how keto works, what is and isn't allowed food-wise, and why. I would say that I gained a lot of valuable insight into how our body deals with food and energy! This knowledge, in turn, motivated me even more, because it was easy to see this wasn't just another "fad" diet.
What Are Your Favourite KetoDiet Recipes?
I absolutely love the pancake and waffle recipes; they are super easy to prepare and are a very satisfying choice for weekend brunch. Also loved the different chia puddings and the anti-inflammatory faux porridge. In terms of savory meals, I really enjoyed the enchilada, cauli-rice and pizza. I tried many recipes and none of them disappointed! Actually, I really enjoyed how this lifestyle and the yummy recipes inspired me to cook more!
How Can we Improve the KetoDiet Challenge?
I like how the challenge is personal and doesn't feel like a competition! Lots of positive support on the Facebook group. This has nothing to do with the challenge per se, but I would really enjoy for the calculator tool and the challenge to be integrated into the app itself. KetoDiet Note: this is in our to-do list for 2017! :-)
Andy's Progress during the 90-Day KetoDiet Challenge
During the 90-Day KetoDiet Challenge, Andy lost over 20 pounds and 6% body fat!
Do you like this post? Share it with your friends!