These are the perfect bite-sized keto treats for Valentine's Day. Simply make them in advance and enjoy on that special day with your loved one! To give the macaroons an extra flavour boost, I added some cinnamon and cayenne pepper and dipped them in extra dark chocolate. You can find more Valentine's keto treats here.
Nutritional values (per macaroon)
|of which Saturated||5||grams|
|Magnesium||25||mg (6% RDA)|
|Potassium||95||mg (5% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (8%), protein (14%), fat (78%).
Ingredients (makes 20 macaroons)
- Preheat the oven to 175 C / 350 F. In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients: almond flour, shredded coconut, cacao powder, powdered Erythritol, ...
- ... cinnamon, vanilla, cayenne pepper and salt. You can use vanilla powder, unsweetened vanilla extract or seeds from 1 vanilla bean.
- Add melted coconut oil, egg whites and optionally stevia. Mix until well combined.
- Use a measuring tablespoon or a small ice-cream scoop to create the macaroons. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Transfer in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler or a glass bowl on top of a small saucepan filled with a cup of water over a medium heat. Once completely melted, turn off the heat. Set aside to cool down but do not let it solidify.
- When the macaroons are baked, remove from the oven and let them cool down completely before dipping in the chocolate topping. Take one macaroon at a time and dip the top in melted chocolate.
- Optionally, sprinkle with more cinnamon and place on a tray to solidify.
Store at a room temperature and enjoy!
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!