I make variations of this keto porridge at least once a week, sometimes with turmeric or vanilla instead of cinnamon. It's super easy, low in carbs and works with any nuts or seeds. There's no gluten, no grains, no sugar - it's just real food ingredients!
It's a great breakfast treat that tastes amazing even without sweeteners. It's filling and will keep cravings away - just perfect for your ketogenic or paleo diet plan.
Nutritional values (per serving):
|of which Saturated||18.2||grams|
|Magnesium||183||mg (46% RDA)|
|Potassium||494||mg (25% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (4%), protein (10%), fat (86%)
Ingredients (makes 2 servings):
- In a small saucepan, mix the coconut milk, almond milk, almond butter, coconut oil and bring to a simmer over a medium heat.
- Once hot, take off the heat.
- Add chia seeds, hemp seeds, chopped pecans, and toasted coconut (reserve some coconut for the topping), ...
- ... cinnamon, and optionally add stevia. Mix and let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Spoon the porridge into serving bowls. Serve hot or cold.
Just before serving, top with the remaining coconut and enjoy!