we've been hard at work on another big update. It took us longer than expected but we added many features mostly based on YOUR feedback! The new version will be available to download in a couple of weeks. As always, all updates are free. Apart from the new clean iOS7 look, here are some of the features we've added:
iPhone & iPad
1) Several recipe adjustments including new fabulous photos and improvements in the Meals section (e.g. number of servings will always displayed also next to the ingredients).
2) New recipes, most of them very low in carbs (5 included in the Starter package, 6 recipes added to existing optional packages). To see all new recipes, simply type "new" in the search box when you update to the new version.
3) New improved look for the shopping basket.
4) Several updates to KetoDiet Guide: easy access to must-read chapters, new chapter for Very low-carb diets and several additions to the FAQ section, including more information on keto-friendly vegetarian and vegan diets and more.
5) Video tutorial: a link to our 7-minute video tutorial has been added to the help section for easy access. You can also watch the tutorial here.
6) Several enhancements for the Planner. You will now be able to specify nutrition data in grams and oz in any amounts (e.g. 3 oz, 50 grams) when creating custom meals and custom ingredients. Also, the ranges have been extended, so it's easy to add supplements for electrolytes.
7) New restaurant chains added (Perkins, US and Poncho, UK). As before, meals are sorted by their net carbs content.
8) New icons for Quick meals to easily preview your day.
Other planned features
We frequently get requests to make our fully-featured iPad app available on the iPhone with everything being synced between the two devices. We would like to inform you that this is exactly what we have been working on over the last few months. Together with several other features, it's now our top priority to make the KetoDiet app universal.
Other features coming soon:
- Filtering of meals based on special dietary requirements (dairy-free, nut-free, etc.).
- Improvements to the shopping basket, exporting and e-mailing the shopping list for easy access from anywhere.
- Exporting your Progress data (via e-mail and print-friendly).
- More delicious low-carb recipes, restaurant chains (based on your requests) and several additions to the KetoDiet Guide.
Are there any features you would like to see in a future update? If so, let us know by leaving a comment! :-)