There are never enough recipes with eggs & bacon! If you want to try something new and simple, you have to try this recipe. It goes great with crisped up bacon rashers or even smoked salmon slices.
Nutritional values per serving (2 egg nests + 1-2 thinly cut bacon slices):
|of which Saturated||10.6||grams|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (5.5%), protein (20.2%), fat (74.3%)
Ingredients (makes 3 servings):
- 6 large eggs (free-range or organic)
- 2 cups grated celeriac (180g / 6.3 oz)
- freshly ground black pepper or cayanne pepper
- salt to taste
- fresh parsley for garnish
- serve with: 4-6 thinly cut bacon slices (150g / 2.3 oz)
Note: When looking for ingredients, try to get them in their most natural form (organic, without unnecessary additives). If you are worried about nitrates in bacon, have a look at my post Bacon: Is it Really Unhealthy?
- Preheat the oven to 375 F / 190 C. Place the bacon rashers on a rack and bake for about 15-20 minutes until golden. If you want to save time, make crispy bacon in advance. Let it cool down on a rack and keep in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to one week.
Note: Don't throw the bacon grease away - place it in a small glass jar and reserve for future uses. It's great for frying eggs!
- Peel and grate the celeriac.
- Distribute the grated celeriac equally into silicone muffin molds. Crack an egg into each mold.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350 F / 175 C. Season the eggs with salt and pepper and place in the oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the cups cool down before you remove them from the molds. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with crisped up bacon rashers. Enjoy!