Compared to the other recipes I have posted for St. Patrick's Day, this one takes a bit longer to prepare but is really easy and is absolutely worth it! It's very low in carbs and looks amazing for this special day.
Nutritional values (per serving):
|of which Saturated||8.2||grams|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (5.9%), protein (21.8%), fat (72.3%)
Ingredients (makes 4 servings):
- 1 average broccoli (250g / 8.8 oz)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (60g / 2.1 oz)
- 3 large eggs (free range or organic)
- 4 tbsp fresh full-fat cream
- 6 anchovies
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup microgreens for garnish
Note: When looking for ingredients, try to get them in their most natural form (organic, without unnecessary additives).
- Preheat the oven to 150 C / 300 F.
Wash the broccoli and cut it into florets. Place them into a steamer for about 5-8 minutes until the stalks are lightly tender. When done, place it in a bowl and blend until smooth.
- Add grated parmesan cheese, eggs and cream. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into silicone forms equally (the ones I used are about 200 ml / 6.7 fl oz). Silicon forms like these are the best I tried for the recipe: nothing gets stuck and you can easily empty them!
- You will need to bake them in a water bath. This will prevent the top from drying and cracking. This is how you do it: place the silicone forms on a baking tray and add 2 cm / 1 inch of water into the tray. Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- When done, set aside and let the cakes cool down. Finely chop the anchovies and mix them with olive oil. When the cakes are chilled, remove them from the forms, spoon anchovies on the top and garnish with micro greens. Enjoy!